(IASL) Africa Sub-Sahara & ZimLA joint 4th Annual Pre-Conference in School Librarianship
Date: Monday 1st July 2019.
Venue: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe,
Deadline for submission of proposals: May 31, 2019. Notification of acceptance of proposals: June 15, 2019.
IASL (Africa Sub-Saharan Region) and Zimbabwe Library Association invites information professionals/school librarians, educators/researchers who either work in Library & Information Science educational training institutions or have an interest in school librarianship to submit proposals for recent research/professional papers/poster presentations for a pre-conference to be held prior to the Zimbabwe Library Association’s 53rd Annual Conference and General Meeting in Bulawayo.
“Re-Inventing the School Library. The opportunities of the new information environment”.
Papers and posters are particularly encouraged in the following areas,
- Integration of digital school library services in education environments
- Open Access Online Educational Resources in the school library
- Successful models for information literacy programmes in school librarianship
- Analysis of user behaviour in the school library
- Strategies for systematic and mass digitisation of school library collections
- Developing sustainable school library services in difficult financial times
- Developing a skilled school library workforce and re-skilling such personnel