PRE - CONFERENCE FOR SCHOOL LIBRARIANS AND RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS
Date: 3 July 2017
Place: Midlands State University Great Hall, Gweru
Pre-Conference theme: 21st Century school libraries in the picture: preparing pupils and students for the future
- Reading and learning in the digital age
- ICTs in School libraries
- School libraries in the preservation of national culture and heritage
- School libraries in supporting the national curriculum
- The role of the Principal and the PTA in developing functional school libraries
- Innovations in school librarianship and parents relations
Purpose of the event
- To advocate, lobby and buttress the need to have functional school library media centres in the education system
- To encourage school librarians to engage in meaningful school library media research
- To introduce new emerging technologies in school librarianship
- To build synergies with relevant stakeholders (Public Libraries, BAI etc)
- To preserve national culture and heritage through school librarianship
Research/ Professional Paper/Poster presentations must speak to one of the sub-themes. Proposals should be submitted by e-mail and must include:
- Title of paper
- Abstract (200-500 words)
- Name of the presenter (s)
- E-mail address (es)
- Telephone numbers
Paper presentation: Each presenter will be given twenty (20) minutes maximum to present his/her paper. An additional ten (10) minutes will be allowed for questions and answers.
Posters should be 100 x 122 centimetres.
Screen prints, charts, drawings, photographs, and other graphics along with text, to
illustrate the presentation, are encouraged.
Lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible from a distance of four feet.
Posters may be accompanied by handouts.
N.B. Papers/Posters must be presented in British or American English.
Deadline for submission of proposals: April 30, 2017
Notification of acceptance of proposals: May 15, 2017
Heads of Schools, School librarians, Trainers & Students in School Librarianship, Teacher Librarians, Public Librarians, Teachers in Charge of Libraries, Administrators, SDC/PTA Chairs, Volunteers and other interested stakeholders.
- Welcome Address 1: His Worship the Mayor of Gweru
- Welcome address 2: The Vice Chancellor, Midlands State University-Prof Muzvidziwa
- Opening Keynote Speaker: The Provincial Education Director (Midlands Province)
- Pre-Conference Keynote Speaker: The ZimLA President - Mr LR Fusire
- National Library and Documentation Services A/Director - Mrs T. Stima
- Guest Speaker: Chief Librarian Namibian Library and Archives Services - Mr. Tonderai Chanakira
International Association of School Librarianship (IASL) | Zimbabwe Library Association (ZimLA)
Ministry of Primary and Secondary Education | National Library and Documentation Services (NLDS)
Early Registration - $50.00 (closing date 26 June 2017),
Late Registration - $55.00
Early Registration - $60.00 (closing date 26 June 2017),
Late registration - $65.00
Important: 10% discount if an organisation registers three or more participants.