(IASL) Africa Sub-Sahara & ZimLA joint 4th Annual Pre-Conference in School Librarianship
Date: Monday 1st July 2019.
Venue: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe,
IASL (Africa Sub-Saharan Region) and Zimbabwe Library Association invites information professionals/school librarians, educators/researchers who either work in Library & Information Science educational training institutions or have an interest in school librarianship to submit proposals for recent research/professional papers/poster presentations for a pre-conference to be held prior to the Zimbabwe Library Association’s 53rd Annual Conference and General Meeting in Bulawayo.
“Re-Inventing the School Library. The opportunities of the new information environment”.
Papers and posters are particularly encouraged in the following areas,
- Integration of digital school library services in education environments
- Open Access Online Educational Resources in the school library
- Successful models for information literacy programmes in school librarianship
- Analysis of user behaviour in the school library
- Strategies for systematic and mass digitisation of school library collections
- Developing sustainable school library services in difficult financial times
- Developing a skilled school library workforce and re-skilling such personnel
- First Call for Papers – 31 March 2019
- Second Call for Papers – 30 April 2019
- Submission of Abstracts – 15 May 2019
- Review and Acceptance – 31 May 2019
- Submission of full Papers and Registration -10 June 2019
Each presenter will be given twenty (20) minutes maximum to present his/her paper. An additional ten (10) minutes will
be allowed for questions and answers.
- Poster Presentation:
- Posters should be 100 x 122 centimetres.
- Screen prints, charts, drawings, photographs, and other graphics along with text, to illustrate the presentation,
- are encouraged.
- Lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible from a distance of 1.22 metres.
- Posters may be accompanied by hand-outs (if possible but optional).
N.B. Papers/Posters must be presented in British or American English, a certificate of attendance and an honorarium will be
given to presenters after the pre-conference.
▪ Registration fee includes conference participation, panel’s participation for presenters who register for the
conference before the registration deadline. Further information regarding the registration will be available at:
https://www.iasl-online.org/ and http://www.zimla.org.zw/
- RTGS [Bond] $ 80.00 for IASL, ZimLA, ZLDT, ZRLT, ZULC, CARLC, RLRDP etc.
- RTGS [Bond] $ 100.00 for non-members.
- Foreign Delegates who are members of the following regional associations LIASA, AFLIA, IFLA, LIAZ, BLA, SWALA, LLA, NIWA, MALA , SCECSAL will pay USD $ 50.00 bona fide members (proof required)
- Foreign Delegates who are non-members of Library Associations will pay USD $ 60.00
- Early registration closes on or before June 15, 2018. Late registration will be RTGS $ 85.00 and RTGS $105.00 for local delegates respectively. For banking details please e-mail the undersigned.
Contact Mr Jerry Mathema IASL Drector Africa Sub Sahara and ZimLA President-Elect