Zimbabwe Library Association (ZimLA) is the professional association that represents the interests of library and information professionals in Zimbabwe. The history of ZimLA can better be explained in the timeline given below;
• Central African Branch of the South African Library Association (1947)
• Library Association of Rhodesia and Nyasaland (1955)
• Central African Library Association (1964)
• Rhodesia Library Association (1967)
• Zimbabwe Library Association (1980)
ZimLA is run by a National Executive Council (NEC) whose members are are elected for two-year terms. There are five branches covering all ten provinces. Branches are supported by Special Interest Groups. The business of ZimLA is guided by a Constitution and Rules of the Association.