Call for Papers 2023
(IASL) International Association of School Librarianship Africa Sub-Sahara & the Zimbabwe Library Association’s joint Hybrid 6th Annual Pre-Conference in School Librarianshipin Gweru, Zimbabwe, on Monday the 2nd of July 2023.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 31 May 2023.
Notification of acceptance of proposals: June 10, 2023.
IASL Region 1: Africa Sub-Saharan and ZimLA cordially invite library and information professionals working in the school, public and tertiary colleges libraries, educators /researchers who either work in Library & Information Science educational training institutions or have an interest in school & public librarianship to submit proposals for recent research /professional papers/poster presentations for a Pre-Conference to be held before the Zimbabwe Library Association’s 56th Annual Conference and General Meeting in the City ofGweru, Midlands Province of Zimbabwe.
Theme: "Innovative technologies shaping the future of school libraries"
- Current technology trends in school libraries
- Future technology trends in school libraries
- Effects of technology on school library design
- Technology and the changing roles of school librarians
- Impact of technology on school libraries
- Digital literacy skills
Papers and posters (print and electronic) are encouraged in any areas related to innovative technologies in school, public and community librarianship.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts for Papers and Posters
Research/Professional Paper/Poster presentations must cover one of the sub-themes.
Proposals should be submitted by e-mail and must include :
- Title of paper
- Abstract (200-500 words)
- Name of the presenter(s) and country of origin
- E-mail address (es)
- Telephone numbers
Paper/E-paper/ Recorded Presentation
Each presenter will be allowed twenty (20) minutes maximum to present a paper. An additional ten (10) minutes are allowed for questions and answers.
- Posters/e-posters should be 100 x 122 centimetres.
- Screen prints, charts, drawings, photographs, and other graphics with text, to illustrate the presentation, are encouraged.
- Lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible from a distance of 1.22 metres.
- Posters may accompany hand-outs (if possible but optional).
N.B. Papers/Posters (print, electronic and recorded) must be in British or American English; a certificate of attendance; and an honorarium will be given to presenters after the pre-conference.
- First for Papers Call – 16 February 2023
- Second Call for Papers – 16 March 2023
- Final Call for Papers – 16 April 2023
- Submission of Abstracts – 16 May 2023
- Review and Acceptance – 31 May 2023
- Submission of full Papers/posters (print, electronic and recorded presentations) and Registration on -10 June 2023
Contact Mr Jerry Mathema, IASL Africa Sub Sahara and ZimLA President 2021-2023
@+263292479053 (Masiyephambili College)